Thursday 17 December 2009

Baking for Christmas


Well folks, it is that time of year again. The season of mince pies, gingerbread, nuts, butter, sugar, and all.

Last year I experimented with mini mince pies, and found my favourite was Waitrose's Marzipan Topped Mini Mince Pices

This year? Rum Balls.

I haven't made ANY rum balls since moving to the UK 14 years ago. My reason? The lack of 'Nilla Wafers in this fair land. I usually shy away from recipes which call for tinned soup or other pre-processed foods, but 'Nilla Wafers DO make good banana pudding and rum balls.

So... I'll be reviewing various rum ball recipes and substituting various UK ingredients for the 'Nilla wafers.
Tonight, I'll use digestive biscuits and toasted walnuts.... watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.